Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pope Study



for my next master study i did a linework study of Paul Pope's work this piece is a part of a poster from his book
the reason i chose this project was to help understand how to do line work using illustrator i started off by using the pen tool this took forever and got ok results i started this when i was in town Babcock asked me why i wasnt using the blob brush well it was mainly because i hadnt used it before and didnt know the tool
after useing the pen tool more i started to wonder about the blob brush and tried it out
wow i made it all so much easier now i feel like i wasted alot of time on this because i didnt use the blob brush from the start

well otherwise im pretty happy with the result
my plan for my interpritation is to scan a drawing from my sketch book and to digitally ink it

No comments:

Post a Comment